Have you come to the Middle East and realized you have fallen in love with the food, especially the Hummus? Did you know hummus is easy to make, healthy and vegan? Do you wish that you could make your own hummus?
Well you’re in luck! At Abraham Hostel we do a specialized Hummus Workshop so you can learn how to make the best hummus so that when you return home you not only have a life skill to show off to your friends at parties and events, but you will also have the skills to make hummus anytime you’re craving it.
We meet in the Lounge and Bar area at the hostel where everything will be set up and ready to go so you and fellow hostel friends can learn how to create this life changing hummus in a relaxed but exciting environment. Using all local ingredients, Abraham Hostel’s very own Hummus Specialist will walk you through step by step on the process of making hummus and all the ways you can put your own special touch to it.
When everything is finished and you have achieved your perfect hummus, we will feast on everything with warm pita bread.
Enjoy a unique experience that will allow you to take home a learned necessity in Middle Eastern cooking.
- Join us in the Abraham Hostel lounge in a fun social setting
- Watch and join in, as locals create delicious hummus using local ingredients
- Finish this fun workshop off with a filling dinner of hummus and pita
19:30- Meet at the lounge of the Abraham Hostel-Davidka Square
20:30- Enjoy a delicious meal of hummus in a fun social setting
NB: All times are approximate
GOOD TO KNOW
- Pickup points: Jerusalem Abraham Hostel Lounge
- Dietary and Religious Requirements – As a communal meal we unfortunately cannot cater specifically to those with dietary (ie: Gluten/Lactose intolerance) or religious restrictions (ie: Kosher/Halal).
- This tour is not suitable for those with sesame allergies.
- Guided cooking class
- Meal consisting of a Middle Eastern vegan dish, hummus
- shot of Arak, a local liqueur.
Suitable for vegetarians / vegans?
Is this meal gluten free?
The ingredients used to make the hummus is gluten free, however, it is served with pita bread.