Get introduced to kintsugi, a century-old Japanese technique of repairing broken pottery with gold, silver, or platinum. Learn the basics of this ancient art in a small class taught by highly-acclaimed artisans and create beauty out of breakages.
- Children 11 years old and above can participate in this activity.
Booking requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 4.
- You will use a small cup, plate, or other pottery items to learn the technique during class.
- The owner can speak very basic English. Knowledge of Japanese would be helpful but is not necessary.
- Participants may bring their own item for the kintsugi class. However, items such as transparent glass, wooden lacquerware, and glassware with a picture on it may not be used.